Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K HDMI/6G-SDI recorder en 7″ monitor
Add professional monitoring and high-quality recording to virtually any camera with the Blackmagic Video Assist 4K.
It features a 7″ 1920 x 1200 display to help you frame and focus your shots, and provides 6G-SDI and HDMI inputs for recording the video output from professional and consumer cameras.
The Video Assist records 10-bit 4:2:2 video up to UHD 4K at 30p to high-speed UHS-II SDHC/XC memory cards using industry-standard Apple ProRes and Avid DNx codecs.
A touchscreen interface allows you to adjust settings and access monitoring features such as histogram, zebra, focus peaking, audio meters, timecode display, and more.
To power the monitor, a 110-240V AC power adapter is included.
It also has dual battery slots on the rear that power the monitor using Canon LP-E6 type batteries.
Supports 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Video.
7″ Full HD Display The front of the monitor features a bright 7″ 1920 x 1200 display for evaluating your shots.
On-screen controls allow you to vary the brightness and contrast depending on the shooting situation, and the wide 135o viewing angle makes it easy for multiple crew members to watch at the same time.
It even auto rotates so no matter which way you mount it, the picture is always displayed correctly.
The 7″ display provides intuitive capacitive touchscreen controls.
Swipe gestures make it simple and quick to show or hide settings, such as capture resolution and format, as well as screen brightness and contrast.
Swipe in another direction and you’ll have access to additional controls, recording status, histogram, audio level, timecode, battery status, and more.
The controls have a semi-transparent overlay, so you can still be able to keep an eye on every part of your shots. 6G-SDI and HDMI Connections Video and audio are captured using 6G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 inputs, allowing you to record from professional cameras and camcorders, as well as popular DSLRs and mirrorless cameras.
The 6G-SDI input even allows you to monitor Ultra HD footage.
Loop-through outputs are provided so you can simultaneously display the live video or recorded clips on larger screens like HD broadcast monitors or HDMI projectors while you monitor and record on the Video Assist.
Audio is embedded in the output and can also be monitored on headphones using the 3,5mm stereo jack.
10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes recording:
The Blackmagic Video Assist records your video at the 10-bit 4:2:2 quality.
Files are recorded on to high-speed UHS-I or UHS-II SDHC/XC cards using ProRes (HQ, 422, LT, Proxy) codecs.
These are industry-standard formats, so you can start editing immediately without having to convert the files.
Recording can be automatically triggered on your Blackmagic Video Assist from the start/stop button on compatible cameras, so you can remain focused on getting the shot without having to worry about operating additional gear.
Note: High-speed UHS-II SD cards are required for Ultra HD recording.
High-speed UHS-II or UHS-I cards are required for HD recording.
Compatible SD cards:
The following cards have been tested and approved by Blackmagic for use with the Video Assist 4K:
Ultra HD: Transcend 64GB UHS-II SDXC, Lexar 64GB 2000x UHS-II SDXC
1080p60: Delkin Devices 8GB SD 633X SDHC UHS-I, Delkin Devices 16GB SD 633X
SDHC UHS-I, SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC, Lexar 128GB
1000x UHS-II SDXC, Lexar 256GB 1000x UHS-II SDXC
1080i60: SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC, Lexar 32GB 633x UHS-I SDHC
All UHS-I and UHS-II cards should be fast enough to record compressed HD video up to 60 fps, but it is recommended that you use Blackmagic’s Disk Speed Test software to test and make sure.
The software is downloaded from Blackmagic’s website.
A universal 110V to 240V AC power supply so you can use the Video Assist anywhere.
Plug the AC adapter into the 12V DC input you get continuous power, or run off of dual Canon compatible LP-E6 type batteries.
Intelligent battery management will use the battery with less charge first, then immediately switch to the other battery without interrupting recording.
When connected to AC power, the batteries can be charged in parallel while the Video Assist is still being used.
– histogram and zebra overlays for exposure aid
– focus peaking and central zoom to aid focus
– timecode over SDI and HDMI
– can control settings on Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera
– machined aluminum housing
– built-in kickstand
– six 1/4″-20 threaded mounting holes (three on top, three on bottom)
– LCD touchscreen
– size 7″ (17,8 cm)
– resolution 1920 x 1200
– viewing angle 135o
– SDI video input 1x SD/HD/3G/6G-SDI (BNC connector)
– SDI video output 1x SD/HD/3G-SDI (BNC connector)
– HDMI video input 1x HDMI 2.0a
– HDMI video output 1x HDMI 2.0a
– SDI audio input 2 channels embedded in 6G-SDI
– SDI audio output 2 channels embedded in 6G-SDI
– HDMI audio input 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
– HDMI audio output 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
– analog audio input 2x balanced mini XLR with phantom power
– audio output 1x 3,5 mm stereo analog audio output jack
– remote control 1x 2,5mm LANC for record start and stop
– USB mini-B USB 2.0
– media card slots dual UHS-II SD card slots
– recording media SDXC UHS-II, SDXC UHS-I, SDHC UHS-I SD
– supports DS, HS, SDR12, SDR25, DDR50, SDR50, and SDR104 SD cards
– codecs supported Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, LT, Proxy Avid DNxHD 220x, DNxHD 145, DNxHD 45, DNxHD 220x MXF, DNxHD 145 MXF, DNxHD 45 MXF, DNxHR HQX MXF, DNxHR HQX, DNxHR SQ, DNxHR LB, DNxHR SQ MXF, DNxHR LB MXF
Supported video formats SDI:
– 3840 x 2160p: 23.98/24/25/29.97/30 1920 x 1080p: 23.98/24/25/29.97 /30/50/59.94/60 1920 x 1080PsF: 23.98/24 1920 x 1080i: 50/59.94/60 1280 x 720p: 50/59.94/60 625/50i: PAL 525/59.94i: NTSC
3840 x 2160p: 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
1920 x 1080p: 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60
1920 x 1080i: 50/59.94/60
1280 x 720p: 50/59.94/60
recording time with 128GB SD card:
Apple ProRes 422 HQ: 1,61 hours
ProRes 422 2,43 hours
ProRes LT 3,47 hours
ProRes Proxy 7,9 hours
SDI video sampling 4:2:2 YUV
SDI audio sampling 48 kHz, 24-bit
SDI color precision 10-bit
SDI compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M
SDI metadata support HD RP188 and closed captioning
SDI color space REC 601, REC 709
HDMI color precision 10-bit
non HDCP compatible
– OS Compatibility Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later
– Windows 7, Windows 8
– power requirements 12 VDC
– 2x rechargeable LP-E6 lithium-ion batteries
– AC adapter 110 – 240 VAC
– operating temperature 5 – 40C
– storage temperature -21 – 45C
– relative humidity 0 – 90% non-condensing
– dimensions 18,92 x 13,06 x 3,25cm
– weight 0,8kg